SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is an essential recipe for the success of your online business presence. Understanding what it is and how you can utilise it to your advantage is very important.
If you are a business owner, you might have received marketing calls and email offers to do SEO service for your business.
The purpose of optimising your website and its content is to gain visibility to your target audience or market. Being on the first-page search result, when a user looks for a product or services that is yours will indeed be an advantage.
If you don’t look after your website, make it easy to use, and keep it relevant to your target audience, you run the risk of losing potential customers to your competitors.
Here are some of the things you can do to keep your website relevant:
The design of your website must appeal to your general target audience.
- Responsive display – the design of your website must work and look great regardless of the device being used to view it. Remember that the majority of the users are accessing the internet from their mobile devices. Does it make sense to potentially miss out on half of the potential customers that visit your website, just because it didn’t load well on their device?
- Design – Update the designs and elements on your website to match the current trend. Don’t let your audience think that your content might be outdated because your website looks old.
How easy is it for your visitors to use your website?
- Clear message – Use your unique selling point to capture the attention of your visitor within the first 5 seconds. Explain what you do, who you do it for and why to take
your service, this will help them make sure that they are in the right place. Remember that your content is the king, make sure it suits your target audience. Download our free guide to optimising your website and content here: digitalinstyle.com.au/free-seo-guide-to-optimise-your-website/
- Contact information – Let your visitor feel at ease, provide complete and easy to find contact information on your pages.
- Ease of navigation – make sure that your visitors find your website easy to navigate and the content engaging.
- Call to action or CTA – every single page on your website must have a clear purpose for your visitors. To generate conversion, you must provide an accessible CTA on the content and your contact page.
- Build trust – provide reviews, certifications, case studies or guarantees that would prove your product or services credibility
For your business to stay relevant to the search engine, you’ll need to optimise the on-page SEO of your website. The more relevance and authority that a search engine places on your page, the higher it will show in the search results.
On-page SEO is one of the critical areas of your website that you’ll have full control to help it rank. For less competing keywords, it’s sometimes possible to achieve a ranking on the first page of Google from good quality on-page SEO alone.
Understand the 12 important factors of on-page SEO and why these are critical for every single page on your website. You might need a professional to assist you but understanding the main ones are essential…
- Focus Keyword – Each page on your website should have a unique focus keyword.
- Content – Make sure that the content on the webpage is relevant to the focus keyword.
- Title Tag – Your title tag shows in the browser and is the ‘main headline in the search results.
- Meta Description – Search engine uses meta description as an index for the result, giving searchers an idea of what your content on that page is all about.
- URL or page slug – Even your page URL must contain your focus keyword too and should be search engine friendly.
- Header Tags – Your website should be using header tags. You may know these a <h1>, <h2> etc. Sub-headings should use <h2> and if necessary <h3> or further tags.
- LSI Keywords – Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords or also known as related keywords.
Download our free guide prepared by our SEO experts in Sydney to learn how to optimise your website and the secrets you need to unlock for the search engines to rank your website higher.
There are more SEO factors you can optimise on your page for the search engine. Your On-page SEO is something you have full control of, and with the right information, you can take your content to the first page of the search engine result.